Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hope

"Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer." Romans 12:12

We can't give up hope.

It's with a very saddened heart that I'm writing this blog. Ryan Sweeney was taken off the transplant list this morning. He's heavily sedated and on all machines possible to allow his struggling body to recover again. The doctors have decided to throw some more heavy hitting antibiotics at him to help his body rally again. This is not the first time down this road for him. But I do pray that this rally will be for success. I pray that he will turn the corner again and be able to get the new lungs that he so desperately needs. The doctors are giving him 3 days worth of medicine and will re-evaluate, I would imagine on Saturday. I do praise God that we have the medical capabilities to sustain his life right now, but we need God's healing touch to rejuvenate Ryan to complete health here on earth.

Please pray with us for Ryan. And PLEASE remember his wife, Kristin. She's trying to stay the course confidently in God's arms, but she is watching her husband struggle to breath and she needs God's comfort & strength. I can't even imagine, but I do trust God to be able to do "far more abundantly beyond what we ask or think" (Eph 3:20-21). I do believe that our strength comes solely through our faith in God. I do believe that God will be glorified through the testimony that Ryan and Kristin are living. I do believe that God has overcome this world and has paid the price so we can be called "children of God" by faith in the Lord Jesus Christ. I do believe.

"Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus." Phil 4:4-7

Thanks in advance for all your prayers. I hope to be able to give a great update on him in the next couple of days!

In Christ's Unfailing Love,
Nikki

1 comment:

Diane said...

I am so sorry to hear about Ryan. I've been keeping Bill apprised of the situation. Death was very close to me at one point(over 5 years ago now) but it still hurts when I think of the future and leaving loved ones behind. The good news is that Ryan is dancing with Jesus as we speak, and my m-i-l says "a day to them is like 1000 years". In other words, it won't seem like even a day has passed when he sees her again. Still, my prayers are with Kristin and their kid/s. You are a good friend!

Post a Comment