Tuesday, May 19, 2009

sweet corn?

now?? I was very hesitant, but Meijer was selling corn on the cob for $0.15 each... EACH! In season you are lucky if you get it that cheap! Nathan negotiated pretty hard yesterday, so I decided to give it a try - I spent a whole $0.75 on 5 ears of corn for us... IT WAS DELICIOUS! We were shocked and quite pleased to have such yummy sweet corn now... who's growing corn this good now on the planet?? Probably not here in the USA! Anyways, couldn't resist sharing... and if you can, get some while it lasts!

2 comments:

Jen said...

We've had good luck with Meijer's corn the past few weeks- I was so desperate for some sweet cruchy corn goodness, I buckled down when it was like 5/$1. Have you ever grilled it- oh, its heavenly!

kim said...

That looks SOOOOO yummy!
I'm with Jen - grilled corn rocks!

Post a Comment