It's hard to believe how quickly the weather can change around here! Drastic is some what of an understatement. I was boasting Saturday about our wonderful 70 degree day, and I quickly started eating my words when the sleety-ice stuff started falling late Monday night. Tuesday started out very cold, snowy and the first of now 4 snow days for the kids. One day is exciting... two days well that's still fun for them... but 3, 4 days stuck inside with kids and no where else to send them is some what frustrating. I've tried to rotate them through all the stuff to do around here... coloring, playdough, games, books, Super Mario on the DS, DVD's, wii, play time inside, play time outside, etc. and well they get bored easy. I know I need to come up with some new ideas... but I'm tapped out right now. Yesterday I did venture out and was able to see why the buses aren't out... there's not much exposed pavement even 3 days after the snow. And, we are getting more snow today, more predicted for Sunday, so it looks like the kids will be home a little longer and I might need to reconsider homeschooling. Here's some pictures that I took before, during & throughout these snow days... enjoy! :)


3 comments:
Love that pic of Nathan (or is it David) next to the Wii sign. Crazy, isn't it how much energy they have?
Love ya,
Diane
I feel as though I sound like a broken record...great pics! Really! I mean it! I am with Diane, I love the pic of David with the grimace on his face...I look like that quite often when we play wii! :)
The outdoor pics (pre-snow) make me wish even more for spring!!
The bad of homeschooling is you are always with the kids. The good of homeschooling is you are always with the kids. :) We love being able to take (or not take) snow days or save them up and take 'sunny' days come spring! I have complete faith in you that you could do it - if you decide to.
LYMYTTYS!
I cannot believe that you went from 70's to snow in a day. At least you get to play in your snow. It seems that whenever we get snow it's too cold or super windy. I'm going to attempt to call you this week so that we can chit chat.
Post a Comment