Thursday, April 24, 2008

What's up...



Ok, there's a little lull in the action around here today, so I thought I would blog for a while. Here's a picture I took a few weekends ago at the Holland State park. It was one of the first beautiful days we had for this spring. The beach was a lot of fun that day. Unfortunately, I had the exposure set too high on my camera, so a lot of my pictures didn't turn out.  I was able to modify a few on the computer. I really liked this one.... maybe someday I will get to take a photography class so I will know how to use my digital SLR better. For now, I just have to pretend like I know what I'm doing :)

We've had a good day here. I was up at our church for the end-of-the-month craft day. It's so nice.... $0.50 per kid per hour child care, and you can do any craft you want to. There was a lady there today painting a large window (very talented!). I got to meet some more ladies from church and work on my stamps. I just finished a scrapbook project, so I thought I would do cards today.  One of the ladies taught me some new watercolor techniques that I can't wait to try out - that will probably have to wait until the next craft days. What a huge blessing these days are to us moms. Child care is available Thurs & Fri. from 10-5, but if you find other means of child care you could craft 9-9 on Thurs and 9-midnight on Fri. Someday I'm going to be able to do that like the older ladies in the group, but right now I'm going to take what I can get.

So, that was what I did most of the day. The kids have been bickering this afternoon since we've been home which has not been fun. They just asked to watch "signing time", and I have happily obliged! We have a very busy weekend ahead of us. We leave tomorrow after Steve gets back from Ann Arbor to go to Illinois for my cousin's wedding on Saturday. My parents are back from AZ.  They are in Illinois right now helping with the final wedding preparations. I'm really excited to see them tomorrow. We haven't seen them since Christmas - although we have "skyped" with them a few times over the winter. The kids can't wait to see Granna and Papa.

David's birthday is tomorrow - I can't believe he's going to be 3 years old!! It seems like yesterday he was a little infant. He grew up so fast and hasn't acted like a 2 year old for sometime. He's learning things right along with his brother. It's very cute and nice that he'll have mastered the preschool requirements before he even starts. He's pretty much counting up to 30 just like his brother - yet he still can't figure out how/when he needs to put his pee-pee in the toilet. Oh well, he'll figure that out eventually, too.

Update wise - no, we have not heard anything yet on the showing of our house last Saturday. I'm not surprised or disappointed at this. We usually don't get feedback right away anyways. God has a perfect plan for that house and knows exactly who's going to own it next, so we will just wait and trust Him. I have a HUGE praise.... Ryan, the husband/Dad from our house group that I asked you to pray for, is doing AMAZINGLY better. He's successfully down the path of getting weaned from the ventilator.  And, as soon as he meets a few more requirements he's going to get back on the transplant list. Please continue to pray for Ryan and Kristin and Praise God for ALL the blessings He's lavished on them! (click here to read Kristin's blog)

Well, I guess that's all for now.  The kids are onto their 2nd DVD, so I should wrap this up.  Time for the nightly bedtime rituals to begin!  Hope you have a great weekend!!

Love,
Nikki






2 comments:

Jessica said...

Hi Nicki! I like to read your updates, seeing as how I feel like I have not talked to you in weeks:-) I do like that picture of them, you should be in it though! I am looking forward to going golfing with you guys, and I am glad you had a great time at craft days! Talk to you soon!
Jess

Cheryl said...

AWWWW! The picture is gorgeous - I thought you did that on purpose! I can't believe we are supposed to get snow on Monday..ugh!!!!

Post a Comment